24 April, 2013

Photos -- Fort Bliss Chronicles

OK! I'm finally starting my migration over from Flickr to Picasa so I can take advantage of the great photographic community that has grown up on Google+. First up is a set of photos that were always in my top ranked on Flickr.


From the album: An M1A2 Abrams firing its main gun during a training exercise.

I served for a few years in the United States Army. One of the places I found myself was Fort Bliss, Texas as part of a unit testing new technologies that fell under the aegis of the 1st Armored Division. I ended up being appointed as a public affairs representative for the unit, and I was always in the middle of things during training exercises taking photos and doing interviews for the post newspaper. I was originally trained to be an Abrams crewmember so armored vehicles were always a favorite of mine, but there are shots of training areas, soldiers, and some of the local wildlife (like the oryx!) included as well.

You can find the album here.






No comments:

Post a Comment